first line tests! whoop whoop!

On our first day Steve taught us how to do a line test by animating a walking cycle of a character of our choosing.

Lately, I’ve been (obsessively) fixated with drawing fat people. I’m guessing it’s because you can simplify them to a collection of curves. They become quite fun/easy to draw. So here’s my fat dude happily walking down the street. I think he might be going for coffee and cake…

whoop whoop it works!!*

And here’s my second cycle – a fat lady cycling.

At this point I got a bit excited(carried away much?) with the results, and decided to push my fat lady further. I wanted to see a bit of a finished result, so I painted her in photoshop and even gave her a name!
This was a bit of a reality slap. Each frame took me around 30 mins to colour in, and admitting/wanting to believe I am a big newbie at painting with photoshop, the amount of time still seemed quite excessive! Especially considering I only had one character to colour in.. Here’s to hoping this will get MUCH faster with practice.. ๐Ÿ˜ ANYWAY..
Meet Gertrude, you can call her Gertie, like everybody else. She loves flowers, drawing and eating, and her size doesn’t stop her from loving cycling too. That’s how she goes everywhere!

๐Ÿ™‚ see you around!

*I messed up my first line test, so the fat dude is a second try of the walking cycle.