dolce fare niente

It’s been a month since the holidays started and I am not sure where the time went or what I’ve been doing with it.

I’ve started doing some ‘light’ research for my final project and bought a book on feminism and veganism:

So far so good. These are two of the issues I feel most strongly about but I never really tried to connect them. This book first came out in 1990 (going on 27 years now) but still feels so very contemporary that it’s mind boggling. It is quite comforting to know there are obviously a heck lot more people out there that might have the same thoughts on the world that I do. I am really enjoying reading it and will hopefully be able to write on/about my thoughts after finishing.

I have also heard Phillip Glass’ Satyagraha from start to finish. When Chris and Natasha from ENO came to introduce the 3 operas I immediately felt drawn to this one. I have some ideas on it but need to do some research before disclosing them. Let’s just say I am thinking about mandalas, the visuals and colours of Indian mythology probably merged with actuality issues.

Today I’m going to try and get closer to finish the Dealbreakers project that I haven’t touched since Easter!